How Much Should I Expect to Spend For a Hydraulic Residential Elevator
If you are about to install a hydraulic residential elevator into your Canadian home, you've obviously considered the expense, which can reach $100,000 in total if you're retrofitting it. But the price can be lower, so let's take a look at some of the factors that make up the price.
Call 888-223-9559 to Locate a Sales Office
There are a number of parameters that will determine the price of your hydraulic residential elevator:
- The number of floors the elevator will serve – an elevator that connects two stops is more affordable than one with several stops
- The kind of machine used – prices for a roped hydraulic elevator, a vacuum elevator, a counter-weighted chain drive elevator, or a winding cable drum elevator fluctuate
- The number of feet the elevator will travel
- The number of door openings in the elevator cab
- The size of the cab – an elevator cab that is 3 feet wide and 4 feet deep is more affordable than one that is 3 feet wide and 5 feet deep
- The number of options, including raised panels, power gates and doors, and cab interior decorations, such as carpeting, mirrors and chandeliers; you can also add a telephone and elevator music
- The construction of a hoistway – cost in a new home is minimal, but in an existing home, it's more expensive based on site conditions
A hydraulic residential elevator should include a number of standard features, including a 950 lb. capacity, a travel speed of 40 ft. per minute, 3/4" sturdy cab walls, solid matching hardwood rail, an auto lowering emergency system, and recessed lighting. Options include wood, other than standard, additional gates, oversized cabs, and glass panel inserts.
The standard cost of a hydraulic residential elevator is $15,000 to $25,000, which doesn't include installation costs and the cost of building a shaft or machine room and running electrical systems. Once you've determined the elevator style and features you want, look online for elevator providers who will offer a wide selection with professional installation, standard warranties, and expert long term service.